Want to start a blog without making the rookie mistakes? We have helped 130,000+ users start a blog successfully. Watch this video to learn more.
Starting a blog can be a terrifying thought specially when you are not techy. Guess what — you’re not alone. Having helped over 130,000+ users start a blog, we have decided to create the most comprehensive guide on how to start a WordPress blog without any technical knowledge.
The process of creating a blog is easy to follow whether you are 20 years old or 60 years old. However if you need help, our team will help you setup your blog for free.
Click here to get your free WordPress blog setup
To start your WordPress blog, you will need the following 3 things:
1. A domain name idea (this will be the name of your blog i.e wpbeginner.com)
2. A web hosting account (this is where your website live on the internet)
3. Your undivided attention for 30 minutes.
== Get the Best HostGator Web Hosting Discount ==
Make sure you use the coupon code: WPBEGINNER
In this tutorial, we will cover:
– How to Register a Domain Name
– How to Choose the Best Web Hosting
– How to Install WordPress
– How to Design Your Website using WordPress Themes
– How to Write Your First Blog Post
– How to Add Pages on your Website
– How to Install WordPress Plugins
— Add Contact Form using WordPress Plugins
— Add Gallery using WordPress Plugins
– How to Add Menus in WordPress
– How to Add Widgets in WordPress
– Modify WordPress Site Settings
– Resources to Learn WordPress
Whatever you do, do not choose the wrong blogging platform. We strongly recommend that you use the self-hosted WordPress site.
See our best blogging platform comparison:
If you liked this guide, then please consider subscribing to WPBeginner.
We wish you best of luck with your new blog.
If you want to learn WordPress for free check out our WordPress video tutorials: